Monday

Art Journaling



 I am currently participating in an art journaling class with art teachers in my district. It is awesome to be back in person together making art! We made our art journals and now we will spend the next several weeks pondering prompts and ways to create with both art and writing inside the books. 

The Coptic stitch for the binding was new to me. Once I could see the rhythm it came together quickly. I have also never made a book this large, 9" x 12". I used digital collage prints I made during a summer residency for the cover.  
We also made a simple journal from a file folder and for the pages we used random papers, maps, mail, screens even old photos. This book was stitched together using a figure eight stitch. The file folder cover was gelli-printed.


It is awesome to be back in a shared creative space with other artists! 
Just to be sure I could remember the Coptic stitch, I made another book. This one is 8" x 12", and the cover was created with photos I took while in New York City. The red edges are paint with a paint pen.


Practice makes perfect. Master your craft.
This post would not be complete without a shout out to our amazing instructor, Kristina Nosal! Check out her most recent studio activity on Instagram @kristinanosalstudios.

No comments:

Post a Comment