Monday

Accordion Books

Exploring accordion books I was reminded that you should always measure twice before cutting or folding. 
I started with a practice book. Above is a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" accordion book, using a monoprint for the cover and drawing paper for the accordion pages. It was a good trial run for a larger book. When constructing an accordion book and there is an abundance of folds, the bone folder is a critical tool.

For the second accordion book I wanted to make a pocket accordion book with a USPS theme. I used brown paper for the pocket pages, the same kind of brown paper used to wrap packages that would be mailed. The cover is paper, not fabric. Using monoprints and priority mail stickers I created a design for the book cover. The pockets will hold mail art, priority mail stickers and stamps.




 The most challenging part was measuring before folding and cutting... big take away, measure twice before making folds or cuts...I had a few do-overs in my haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment