Monday

Herstory : Libya...Celebrating Bad Ass Women!


 Today I celebrate Libya!

 She is an artist teacher enriching the lives of elementary school students while simultaneously engaging in the betterment of her community as an advocate for productive change! 

I met her so many years ago when I first arrived here...she exuded confidence and calm! 

We crossed paths again a couple of years later and she was an exquisite model for my own creative explorations.

 This last weekend I had the pleasure of listening to her moderate a panel on the future of art education at the National Art Education Association conference in New York City! The Challenge of Change: Embracing the Future of Art Education.

This gal is certainly one to watch...and if you are lucky enough have a conversation!



No comments:

Post a Comment