Tuesday

Stab stitch...

The stab stitch is new to me. Planning was going swimmingly. I am genuinely excited to make this stab stitch book. Paying attention to the details of the measurements and placement of the holes in for the binder. This is a challenge. I made a plan, reviewed all the documents and the video, cut all the necessary parts. Turns out that was the easy part.
The covers are monoprints that I made with gear stencils on the gelli plate and they are embellished with priority mail stickers. 
Assembling the book was easy, making the holes was not. I used the awl, and then had to employ a little more power, so I used the drill to be sure the holes were large enough for the multiple stitches, or so I thought...
I used binder clips and eventually a heavy duty grip on the table to keep the pages, spacers and covers together and the holes lined up.  
 This is where it has ended for now. I proceeded to break all four sewing needles, clearly my stitching holes were not big enough for multiple passes and the pliers I thought would be helpful were the demise of my needles. I will get back to this as soon as I replace the needles.
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment